Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Paradise Found

My mini-vacation proved successful. I am now properly de-stressed and recharged. Three days spent sunbathing, surfing, swimming and jet skiing helped to decompress but the real kicker were the private massages and manicure/ pedicures.

Like any true beauty whore, vacation treatments are a must especially when traveling in an exotic locale. For me, the Four Seasons Spa in Los Angeles gives the most heavenly hot-stone massage (although I do believe that this service is provided in all Four Seasons Spas across the globe). For mani/pedi’s, I’ve gotta give it to the ladies at the Isle de France in St. Barths. Not only is the pedicure perfection, the view is pretty stunning too (they do it on the deck overlooking the Caribbean Ocean). For straight up spas, I am obsessed with this place in Ibiza, Spain (the name has escaped me), where you pay around twenty-five Euros and you are granted access into their facility, which includes hot and cold pools and a Eucalyptus steam room that must be at least 500 degrees (only a slight exaggeration, I assure you). The ambiance is so peaceful and the décor is reminiscent of a Moroccan palace.
I love to travel – and I do so whenever the opportunity arises… but this most recent trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is definitely on the top of my list…. Just look at the views….

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin