Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A few of my favorite things...

It's been a while, but well worth the wait (I hope!)

On this beautiful and sunny Wednesday afternoon, I am going to share with you, fellow beauty whores, a few of my favorite things:

The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm - Why? Because it smells fresh, goes on smooth, actually moisturizes (yea!!!) and leaves the lips with the slightest touch of rouge... in other words, I can wear it daily without looking made-up but still looking magnificent.

Kevin Aucoin Super Soft Buff Powder Brush- Why? Because it is cut flat on top so, once dipped in your favorite blush, it covers the perfect amount of cheek... in other words, I don't need to play the guessing game - where do I put the blush, how far up, etc. This brush does all the dirty work for me!

Cococare Coconut Moisturing Oil - Why? Because it's a nice break from the old lotion routine. AND it smells simply delicious. And it leaves skin soft, smooth and shiny (like a wrestler, but sexy). And the best part is, it's cheap!... in other words, I smell and look like a sex goddess without breaking the bank. I also love to mix oil with lotion and lather on my body after a nice long bath (post exfoliation)... there's something about the combination that really makes the skin "pop."

A Wide Tooth Comb - Why? Because it is the perfect detangler when hair is still wet AND it doesn't break the cuticle or the tips. Also, since I have curly hair, it allows enough room for my hair to "breathe" as opposed to a brush which stiffles and suffocates the hair shaft... in other words, hair that's combed is happy and healthy hair.

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Concealer - Why? Because everyone breaks out and who what's their blemishes out there for the world to see? This concealer also contains salicylic acid which fights break-outs and reduces redness. So really, you get two in one - a zit zapper and a cover-up... in other words, this product is genius! (I use color medium 03 and I NEVER leave home without it!)

Tell us your favorite things by emailing

ALSO, hair crazed Jenny is back in town so if you have a question for the lovely Jenny C, email us asap!!!


Anonymous said...

hey, i love your blog.
I'm currently looking for partners for my new site.

i hope you are interested :)

please email me at:

if you accept our partnership.

PS: the site will open next week. Thanks.

Have a nice day!

Mystical Beauty's Musings said...

Hi, Welcome to the BBN!

The Cococare Coconut Moisturizing oil looks great, but I've never seen it. Where did you find it?

Beauty Banter said...


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin