Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mrs. McDreamy for Avon

Upon learning of make-up artist Jillian Dempsey's (and real-life wife of McDreamy, a.k.a. Patrick Dempsey) new color line, I just had to try it out (I have the hugest, platonic crush on McDreamy.... ahhhhh....). Jillian recently took on the role of Global Creative Color Director for our new favorite cosmetic giant, Avon. "Avon collaborate closely with her in a campaign to refresh its shade palettes, launch limited-edition seasonal color collections, as well as new product concepts, beginning in Spring 2007."
Alas, we reach the part of the story where I get to actually TRY a product. My girls over at The Silver Spoon happened to have Jillian Dempsey for Avon sheer glow all over face powder. Can you imagine my excitement?!
I took the beautiful floral-designed palette home, broke out my MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush(right) ("A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments..." a must-have brush - can also be used to apply wet foundation!!!)and began applying the taupe and pink colors...
First on my cheeks like blush, then a little on my nose, chin and forehead... and let me tell you... I glowed. It was a tad more pink then brown, which I didn't mind, because it really gave me that Sun-kissed look. It's more sheer then a bronzer and more nude then a blush...
So try Jillian Dempsey for Avon All Over Face Powder in Sandy Corals and tell us what you think!
Also available in a lighter hue, Peach Champagne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love it - it gives a great apricot-y glow to my face and acts as a beautiful highlighter.

Anonymous said...

I want buy one but I don't know how do this. Can you help me?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin