Monday, May 07, 2007

Tanning 2007

Here it is! The big, fun filled tanning 2007 guide to beautiful, sun-kissed skin sans UVA and UVB rays (basically, tanned skin without the sun!)

I have tried a plethora of products in my quest for the best! Here, in no particular order, are a couple of tanning products that I just can't live without...

GlowFusion Micro-Nutrient Face & Body Natural Protein Tan: The absolute best spray tan that you can do yourself! Like a mystic tan, just at home. It applies evenly and leaves skin bronzed within seconds. I have very sensitive skin and I use this product on my face without fear of break-outs!!! It rocks!!! PRICE: $58.00 (and well worth every last cent!)


Dove Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer with Subtle Self Tanners, For Medium Skin Tones: It also comes in light, but I use medium because I want a quick, rich tan asap. This is a lotion that you use EVERY day after the shower... it works by gradually enhancing your NATURAL skin color, thus the more you use it, the darker you become. It smells fresh, not like a self-tanner, it doesn't stain clothes AND it actually moisturizes. I tried many tanning moisturizers and what I found is that most don't actually moisturize. This one does it all! PRICE: $7.99


NARS Blush & Bronzer Duo – Orgasm & Laguna: The perfect Summer compact: Two of my favorite colors side by side. Laguna is a rich, golden bronzer, while Orgasm is a subtle pinky-peach shimmer blush. Used together, it makes you look like you just left the beach! All sun-kissed and fresh-faced! PRICE: $36.00


L'Oreal Sunless Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer, Fair Skin Tones: Like the Dove moisturizing lotion, this too enhances your natural skin tone, but it also adds a hint of sparkle every time you use it! I like to wear this lotion when I'm going out at night because the shimmer accentuates the tan and also makes my skin look dewy. Available in medium too! PRICE: ON SALE for $8.99


Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer, Fair: This oil-free, non-comedogenic face lotion with SPF 20 is ideal for sensitive, acne prone skin types. Not only does it enhance your skin's natural color (building a "tan" the more times you use it), but it is perfect for evening out blothcy, or scarred skin. I love this product and have actually started using it as my primary facial moisturizer! PRICE: ON SALE for $5.78


Tarte Celebutante Dry Oil Shimmer Spray: Most people love the Nars body shimmer but I've gotta say, it's so greasy and always gets all over my clothes. That's when I found this dry oil product. Essentially, it does the same thing: spray on your body and you have a dewy, bronzed glow. But this one is not greasy AND it dries much faster then Nars (it also smells like coconut... yummy!). It's not as deep of a tan as Nars, more of a champagne color, but I'll sacrifice so long as my clothes stay fake-tan free! PRICE: $28.00


Physicians Formula Summer Eclipse Bronzing & Shimmery Face Powder: This bi-colored bronzer provides both a light tan and a golden shimmer! Physicians Formula rules the market in bronzing products - they sent me 23 different bronzers to test! Although I haven't had a chance to use all of them, this specific bronzer worked really well for my skin because it gave a natural glow and provided that dewy look that I love. Plus, it's hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, oil free, non-comedogenic AND dermatologist approved! WOW! PRICE: $11.95


I just can't write this post without once again discussing my all-time favorite face product, Laura Mercier's Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Sand with SPF 20: I use this product EVER day and it completely evens out my blothcy skin-tone PLUS it adds color to my face! The sun is so bad for your skin, not to mention what it does to scars and brown spots, so by using this product, I look tan, I'm saving my face AND I producing a "perfect palette;" even skin tone! I kid you not, when I wear this product, people tell me that I have fabulous skin! Can oyu imagine?! PRICE: $40.00



Have a favorite faux-tan product?! Let us know by emailing the beauty whore at beautybanter@gmail.com!!!

Tan away, fellow beauty whores!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

laura mercier makes the best products! This one is my favorite. I use it everyday!

Nishu said...

I use these products daily. They are really effective.

http://www.yourskincare.org/2007/07/03/for-that-perfect-sun-kissed-look/

Anonymous said...

There are so many indoor tanning lotions on the market it makes it tough for someone to decide what is best to use. Honestly I believe that this is what the manufacturers want you to be.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin