Saturday, November 03, 2007

Halloween Make-Up!

I was supposed to be a sexy cat... hence, the all black attire, but my friend Di (that's her on the right... you may remember her from previous posts) forgot my cat ears at home! So, I ended up looking like a slutty fashion victim - black fishnets, knee high boots, black mini leather skirt, etc...

However, I was very impressed by my make-up... I wanted to channel the inner "golden child" and try for a super metallic look! Most of the products I used were from MAC's new Holiday collection:



Here's how I achieved the look (and tested my new MAC goodies....):

On My Eyes:

MAC Pigment in Copper Sparkle for the lids
MAC Pigment in Dark Soul on the corners - actually, an older MAC product (I then reapplied the Copper Sparkle over the Dark Soul to achieve a darker gold effect)
MAC Fluidline In Uppity on the bottom of my eyes and Blacktrack on top (I extended the blacktrack as far out as possible to fake a cat eye look)
MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo in Engaging for the brow bone and the inner corner of my eyes

On My Face:

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Gold Spill (again, to bring out the gold and sparkles...)
I also used this incredible new Prescriptives compact, The Illuminator to add a hint of pink and gold to my cheeks

On My Lips:

MAC Lipglass in Elaborate (this is part of the Summer Collection)
MAC Pigment in Copper Sparkle (because pigments are simply high-intensity color, you can virtually used them everywhere. I applied the pigment over the lipglass to create a gorgeous, deep gold lip color. And it is so much better then lipstick as it actually stays on ALL NIGHT LONG, and is super intense!)


What was your Halloween look? Send us a pic and include your make-up routine!

beautybanter@gmail.com


xoxo, beauty banter

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you tell us exactly what you use. That is so cool!

thanks for the post!

I'll be buying all of these products!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin