Monday, November 05, 2007

A Massage a Day Keeps the Stress Away!

I'm obsessed with massages. And spas. And steam rooms. And body wraps. And scrubs. And massages. Wait, I already said massages. Well, that's how obsessed I truly am!
Literally, spa day is my favorite day of the month! It's a time when I get together with my girls and we laugh, gossip, unwind, destress and beautify!

A new spa just opened in my hood and obviously, I had to try it out!

Voda Spa is a combination of Old World traditions with Modern facilities. It's not just your typical run-of-the-mill treatment center - massages, wraps, scrubs, etc. - Voda Spa also offers Russian, European and Asian style saunas, steams and scrub rooms, an indoor swimming pool, a VIP suite with its own spa tub (great for parties), and a delicious cafe featuring healthy fare.



Voda is Russian for water. And Voda Spa finds influence in authentic Russian banyas...

What is a banya, you ask?

"This ancient form of heat therapy involves heated rocks, water, aromatic essential oils and the platza - a rigorous massage performed with the venik, a bundle of oak or birch branches."

I spent some time in the banyas and then went off to experience a truly extraordinary Swedish massage. 50 minutes of pure bliss for $95.00.

If Swedish is not what you're in the market for, Voda offers an incredible selection of spa treatments including the Black Sea Clay Scrub, the Caviar Wrap and the Hot Stone Massage.

For an entire list of spa services, CLICK HERE.

So, make a day out of it. Round up your friends and escape into the lapse of Russian luxury...

Voda Spa is located at 7700 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood.

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin