Monday, December 17, 2007

The Very BEST Blushes

Once again, Guest Editor Di Gaeta is sharing her beauty expertise with you!

Hello, Darlings.

So, Sarah has asked me to share with you my favorite blushies and why, because I seem to have a knack for choosing them. As I’ve had every hair color in the book and am sometimes tan and sometimes not, I am offering up my various picks.

When I’m a pale blondie, like now, I LOVVVE the Apricot Face Tint by Laura Mercier. This blush looks scarily bright in its little jar but one dip, blow, and puff right on the apples of the cheeks and you look healthy and adorable. This is also a really great universal “I’m just in from the cold” color.

When I’m a tan brunette, I’m all about Nars Outlaw. The color is a deep sexy rose, and while too strong on fair skin, is STUNNING on darker tones. This color gives you that “own personal lighting team” effect for it has tiny flecks of gold in it.

Lastly, my two constants that fit everyone no matter what time of year are, Nars Lovejoy and Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon. The Lovejoy is a blend of the best-selling Orgasm blush (a golden peach) and their medium bronzer. This is a perfect pick for when you are ill, sallow, or need a general pick me up. The Beach tint comes in a cute, tiny, little, tube and it is the loveliest shade of, well, watermelon. This is my absolute fave because not only is it a beautiful “on the apples” blush but it is also the most fabulous “Angelina Jolie” lip color because it is both matte and just bitten looking.

Enjoy,

Xxx Di


What's your must-have blush???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear by Kevyn Aucoin's in "Pravella." In the jar, it looks shockingly clown pink, but it builds really well and looks like a natural blush on me.

I have fair skin, brown eyes + dark auburn hair.

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Thank you for this post! I'm a total blush whore and am always on the lookout for a new blush must-have! I completely agree with Nars Lovejoy which I recommend to everyone!

LeAnne@Hairs My Story Team said...

Becca is my fave!


once upon a time... Hairs My Story.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin