Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Travel Tips For Gorgeous Skin

I've been on five planes in the past eleven days and FINALLY I'm home (back in L.A.). Flying isn't exactly the best for your skin... or your health. Not only is it terribly dehydrating, it's also dirty and the recycled air in the cabin of the plane actually recycles the germs and bacteria. YUCK.

So here are my radiant skin travel tips:

  • ALWAYS use a MAJOR moisturizer prior to boarding the plane (and keep the moisturizer in your purse for periodic retouches). I like my new Weleda Wild Rose Cream - it's great for normal to oil skin (like moi) - very soothing and hydrating, and it's completely free of synthetic fragrances, colors, preservatives and raw materials, thus I'm feeding my skin exactly what I would feed my body - health and love! (And for those inquiring minds, this cream is very similiar to the Jurlique's Balancing Day Cream (which includes rose and is ideal for maintaining balance) yet half the price!)
  • NEVER wear make-up on a flight. Not even concealer. Make-up only clogs pours, especially with unnatural, recycled air!
  • ALWAYS stick at Q-tip dip of Neosporin up your nose prior to boarding. This is a trick that I learned ages ago and it really works - Neosporin is an antibiotic - it fights the germs from recycled air and protects your nasal pasages, plain and simple.
  • Continuously load your lips with tons of lip ointment. My pick: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Protectant - it lasts for hours and truly hydrates (apparently, now it comes in a stick with SPF as well.... gotta try that asap!)
  • ALWAYS carry a heavy-duty hand cream. As I just posted, Frilly Lilly is my new fave! When I fly, I am constantly washing my hands so that I keep the germs at bay, and well, soap dehydrates even more, thus I apply hand cream on an hourly basis (at least)!
  • Load up on Vitamin C prior to flight. Try EMERGEN-C (I love the Raspberry flavor) and/ or AIRBOURNE. I take both. And drink TONS OF WATER. Fluids keep the insides hydrated!
  • And the final tip, when you return home, use a moisture-intensive, vitamin-induced mask to replenish your skin! My pick: Mario Bedescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask. Vitamin's A & E are antioxidants while Alpha Hydrox aids in refreshing tired and dull skin!
Have any special flying tips? Let us know! Leave a comment below!

3 comments:

Grayburn said...

Great tips, I travel quite a bit thanks!

Grayburn

Anonymous said...

I love Rose Cream!!!! It's super healing. My favorite is the Dr. Haushka Rose day Cream. It's so fragrant and plumping..also rose has a naturally derived bit of vitamin C so it's soooo good for your skin..xoxo

Anonymous said...

I use a shielding lotion to keep the skin well hydrated and protected from cold, wind, dry air from air conditioning and central heating, various irritating substances. Works great for me:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin