Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Socialite's Beauty Advice

Eleanor Ylvisaker isn't only a beautiful Manhattan socialite, she's also a brilliant Manhattan business woman. Eleanor has the highly coveted title of PR Director and Partner for one of our favorite denim lines, Earnest Sewn (I just wore my brand new Keaton Boot Cut jeans today... fabulous fit!). Eleanor speaks exclusively to Beauty Banter about all things beauty-related!


Eleanor and I used to live in the same apartment building in NoLita many, many years ago. She's always been super sweet, classy, stylish, and blessed with naturally gorgeous skin! I kid you not, her complexion is like a porcelain doll... sure, genetics play a major role, but so does a great skin care regimen. So, of course, my first question to Eleanor is...

What do you use on your skin?
"I use only Yonka skin care products. They are clean and natural and leave the skin feeling glowing. I use their GEL NETTOYANT (Face wash), LOTION with essential oils (toner), FRUITELIA with fruit acids (day moisturizer); ÉLASTINE NUIT with glycoproteinic extracts (night moisturizer); NUTRI-CONTOUR with hazelnut oil (anti aging eye and lip crème). I'm also a big proponent of caring for you skin from the inside out. I try and consume loads of anti-oxidants by eating Goji berries, drinking Kombucha Tea, and taking flax seed oil and fish oil supplements."


What's in your make-up bag?


What's your must-have, can't live without product?
"Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener Pen. It gives you that natural glow under the eyebrow and at the temples. I even use it to brighten up under my eye after a long night!"

Red carpet tip or trick that you've picked up along the way?
"I have really deep under eye circles, so I always use a lighter shade concealer and make sure to apply it also on the sides of my nose which brightens up the dark shadows. Also, my natural skin color tends to be on the rosy side, so I use a very natural light blush color, if any."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's very pretty. And I love her choices in makeup!

xx

Jana

Anonymous said...

So she's the publicist for Earnest Sewn??? I ADORE those jeans! And she's so beautiful!
Beauty Banter, thanks again for dishing on the insider scoop... You know everyone!

Anonymous said...

I love Tarte cheek stains! they're very natural.

Jamie said...

What a great interview! She's fantastic, I've worked with her in the past and she was always wonderful. Love her makeup picks too!

Angel Lust PR said...

you two kinda look alike.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin