Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Skin Talk

I just returned from NYC where the weather is still cold and windy, thus leaving my skin dehydrated and dry. Even with oily skin (like me), it's imperative that you moisturize. One of the biggest faux pas about oily skin is that you should dry it out... NOT TRUE... the more you dry out the skin, the more oil the skin thinks it needs to produce to counterbalance the dryness. Thus, even with oily skin, make sure to keep it hydrated. Of course, if you are prone to oiliness, it's important to find a moisturizer that is oil-free and balancing.

I have become absolutely obsessed with my dry climate skin cream.... Jurlique's Balancing Day Care Cream is heaven to the face. It doesn't over moisturize and it's great for sensitive skin. You put it on and your face literally glows - like that dewy, healthy skin look.

A word (or several...) from the company:
"A light, absorbing moisturising cream infused with the living energy of daisy, chamomile and rose, and precious plant oils to minimize the visible signs of aging. Leaves the skin with a smooth, healthy-looking glow. Ideal for maintaining balance. "

I am a huge fan of Jurlique products because they use the highest quality natural ingredients... no synthetics that just clog pores and produce "pretend" results... these products continually deliver visible, healthy skin. Over and over again. My favorite aspects of the creams is how they make your skin feel - throughout the day, skin is hydrated (never dull) and smooth (never flakey).

Sometimes I mix my Jurlique Balancing Cream with a tiny dollop of Elder Cream. The Elder Cream is a brightening moisturizer that leaves your complexion luminous. Even if I'm super tired, I put this cream on and look like I've just had eight hours of sleep (and I never cease to get a compliment about how great and hydrated my skin looks when I use it!).

Both of these moisturizers sell for $40.00.

If you still want the organic, all-natural products without the high price tag, try Weleda. Their moisturizers are just as soothing and less expensive. A comparable cream to Jurlique's Balancing Cream is Weleda's Rose Cream. It's great for balancing out normal to oily skin tones and like the Jurlique cream, it's lightweight, never oily, yet super hydrating. It retails for about $25.00.

2 comments:

BeautyTalk said...

My skin has been flaking pretty badly in the last few weeks. I can't wait for spring!

Beauty Banter said...

Trust me, Beauty Talk... try the Balancing Day Cream.... it'll change your skin!

xoxo,

Beauty Banter

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin