Friday, September 12, 2008

Care For Your Hair AND The Environment.. David Babaii For WildAid

I've been promising this post for quite some time - David Babaii For WildAid's Sulfate-Free Hair Products. Well, girlies, I like these products - the Amplifying Shampoo and Conditioner thoroughly cleanses without stripping my hair color or overdrying; the Bohemian Beach Spray creates that lovely "just rolled out of bed" look while still maintaining moisture - but what I really love is the initiative that this company is taking to preserve the our wildlife.

As we mentioned a couple of months ago, Kate Hudson is the spokeschick for the company. She teamed up with celebrity stylist, David Babaii to create a line of hair products that preserve our hair... and the wildlife. WildAid is "a non-profit organization that works with governments and communities of the world to reverse the devastation of our planet’s wildlife." A percentage of the money made from sales of the hair care line go to WildAid, the global wildlife conservation organization.

So, just think. When you purchase a great shampoo that protects YOUR hair you are actually protecting wild animals too! And, all of the products are made with healthy, pro-environment ingredients like volcanic ash and blue algae extract!

Now, a few thoughts on the products:

Amplifying Shampoo and Conditioner
- Since the products don't contain sulfates, the shampoos don't sud as much (because sulfates are what cause shampoos to lather). But don't fret, you're still getting one thorough cleanse! I love how soft and full my hair is after using the combo. My only complaint is the scent - it's very masculine and overly-fragrant. But hey, I can't really complain! I'd rather live with a manly scent and have healthy, volumized hair (while protecting the environment), then a sweet-smelling scent and stripped hair. The Amplifying Shampoo and Conditioner contains volcanic ash for volume, white ginger for shine and coconut oil for lather (much better then those sucky sulfates!). $13.95

Bohemian Beach Spray - This is my favorite product that I've tried from the line. I love the name... "Bohemian"... because that's exactly how I feel after I spritz it on my mop. It smells delish - tropical refreshing - without being overwhelming. And it gives my hair an edge! Body and shine and sexy bed head sans sulfates, parabens and petrochemicals! Instead, the spray contains sea salt from the Dead Sea for texture, volcanic ash for volume, blue algae, mango and kiwi for hydration, AND shea butter, jojoba oil, hemp oil and cupuacu butter for added moisture! $11.95

David Babaii for WildAid proves that you don't need to use harsh chemicals and environmentally devastating ingredients to create sexy, celebrity hair! You can achieve beautiful hair without harming the environment!

Do your part to keep our world beauty-full!

For more info on the line, click HERE.

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin