Are you suffering from the plummeting stock market, sky-high interest rates and quote-on-quote recession?
Well, if the answer is a big YES, than this post is for you!
Thanks to the cash-conscious folks at Aveda, here are some fab tips for saving face - and money (with my added two cents - pun completely intended!)
- Turn your hair cut or color into the “new day of beauty" - Do it all at once - cut, color and blow dry - and schedule salon day around a special evening where you'll bask in the glory of great looking hair! At Aveda, for the price of a hair cut or color, you’ll also get a complimentary wellness massages.
- Extend the life of your hair color - Try a sulfate-free shampoo that also adds a boost of color in between visits to the salon.
- Get a complimentary beauty boost - Department stores are constantly offering free beauty trials and gifts with purchase... and at Aveda, you can partake in complimentary wellness rituals.
- Be a “litre in these lean times" - You get more bang for your buck by buying in bulk. If you have a favorite shampoo or body wash, purchase the oversized litre jug instead of the slender ounces one.
- Create an at-home spa - Although spa day is nice, it can also be a bit pricey. Why not do it yourself in the comfort and convenience of your own home? Boil water and add a drop of your favorite oil, let the steam envelop your face, deep condition your hair while you draw a bath and exfoliate with a delicious and calming body scrub, use products that relax and unwind the mind, body and senses (anything with lavender usually does the trick!)... you get the point.
- Extend your time between facials - Put your skin on a fab at-home regimen. Lots of moisture, face mask and exfoliators. And being cash-conscious means turing in your La Mer cream for something a bit more... frugal. Drugstore finds work just as well - especially the organic products from Target like Weleda...
- Here's my personal tip: USE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE! Combine left-over shampoos into one bottle, same goes for conditioners and body washes... who knows, you might actually create a perfect smelling, amazingly potent new product!