Tuesday, March 17, 2009

L'Oreal Goes Sulfate-Free with EverPure

Sulfates suck at every price (click here for refresher why). Now, drugstore brands are realizing the toll that sulfates take on the hair and companies like L'Oreal have launched their version of the sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.


L'Oreal's EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System is one of the first mass brands to create a line of natural products that won't strip hair of color. The shampoos and conditioners are 100% sulfate-free, 100% vegan, are free of harsh, drying salts, are made of all natural botanicals and contain UVA/ UVB filters.

I tried the Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner and I was unexpectedly impressed. Even the scent is more natural (rosemary and juniper). The shampoo doesn't lather as aggresively as ones that contain sulfates (sulfate is the ingredient that produces the sud), but rest assured, it's still doing the job. The Smooth Conditioner is great - it moisturized but didn't weigh my hair down. And my hair dried with volume, shine and tangle-free!

The EverPure line consists of smooth, moisture and volume products, ranging from shampoos to UV protection sprays to hair serums.

I'm obsessed with Pureology's Sulfate-Free Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner, but in these trying times, a drugstore find is truly a dollar well saved.

Click here to check out L'Oreal's 10 tips for healthy haircare such as rubbing hair with a towel when wet can actually cause tangles...

PRICE TAG: $6.99 for shampoo

2 comments:

Phyrra said...

Yay! It's nice to know that there are drug store brands doing sulfate-free. I find that sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners are easier on color treated hair as well. I've been off of sulfates for almost 5 years now and accidentally washed my hair with something with sulfate in it a few months back. My scalp freaked out and immediately started flaking.

Beauty Banter said...

I couldn't agree more! I've been sulfate-free for some time now... Although, I do still love (and miss) Pantene (I know, it's terrible for the hair, but it always makes it SO soft!!!).

xoxo,
Beauty Banter

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin