Monday, April 06, 2009

Bathing Beauty: Byrdie Bell

Byrdie Bell is a rising star on the Manhattan social circuit. She's a model, actress and documentarian with a natural elegance that radiates not just through her looks (she's gorgeous) or her style (she's got impeccable taste), but, most importantly, through her voice. Byrdie is refreshingly smart with an infectious wit and charm. She's the type of girl who walks into a room and the guys swoon, but so too do the girls.


Her current gig is the documentary "I Heart New York," which is an homage to love and the city. To check out more pics of Byrdie getting her model on, click here.

We asked the beautiful Byrdie (and currently one of our favorite new friends) to dish on her beauty stats. Here's what she had to say:

What are your top 5, can't-live-without products?
Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo - I believe in being gentle with my hair and not washing it every day.
Dr. Michelle Green SPF 65 - I worked in a tanning salon for a few months in my early teens and I'm trying to make up for it!
Orlane B21 Balancing Mask - If my skin begins to get even the slightest bit oily, I'll apply this mask in the morning and it stays matte all day.
Frederic Fekkai Coiff Defense Pre-style Thermal/UV Protectant - My hair is pin straight so I often use a curling iron to give it some movement but before I do I drench it with this protectant.
Stila Convertible Eye Color Wand in Onyx - It does everything!

What is your all-time favorite product?
Benefit She Laq Magical Makeup Sealer.

What product do you buy in bulk?
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

You moisturize your face with...
DDF Dramatic Radiance TRF Cream

Favorite body product?
Aveeno Daily Moisturizer

Favorite beauty secret you've picked up along the way?
Joan Crawford was ridiculed for it in Mommy Dearest but she was right... After a piping hot shower or washing my face with warm water I counter it with a freezing cold splash to shock and close the pores.

Beauty icon you admire?
My late Grandmother Evelyn Byrd LaPrade Lorentzen (her grandmother was a famous model and artist - see pic below).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is really beautiful! I loved those pictures of her during that Alice + Olivia spread! Thanks for sharing her make up picks I will be trying some of her recommendations soon!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin