Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Liquid Bronzer

As the weather starts to warm up, my first thought is: sunshine! Although I love a good tan as much as the next girl, I'm all too aware of the side effects of the sun. I'll lay out because I like the feel of the sun on my body (I'm sadly afflicted with seasonal depression), but I know better than to let those deadly rays hit my face. I spread SPF 70 all over my face and make sure to cover up with a giant straw hat. When I want to fake a golden glow, I turn to bronzers and self-tanners to do the trick.

This season, I'm all about the liquid/ gel bronzer for the mug. That's not to say I won't be sprinkling on the powder, but I've become totally infatuated with the natural, sheer color and liquid-like consistency of these gel bronzers. In my opinion, you can control the color more effectively when you use a gel. Just add a dollop to your foundation OR moisturizer, mix together in hands and lightly pat onto face. You can also use the liquid/ gels as highlighters or blushes - apply anywhere on your face for an added sunkissed hue.

The deciding factor for the right gel/ liquid bronzer is that the color DOESN'T give you that orange, fake and bake hue.

A good gel bronzer will offer a natural hue that you can build upon, depending on your preference. But like all gel bronzers, the best part is that it's only a one day (or night) commitment. Unlike self-tanners or buildable color moisturizers, this tan washes off with soap and water.

One color suits all, so this is a great choice for women of fair complexions - you can build a very sheer tan and if you mess up, wash it off and try again.

Here are my picks (click on the name for more info) to get you started:

Dr. Hauschka's Translucent Bronze Concentrate $39.95


Organic Wear by Physician's Formula 100% Natural Origin Liquid Bronzer; $10.99


Clinique True Bronze Bronzing Gel For Face; $18.50


Bonne Bell Gel Bronzer Golden Tan; $4.95
(I've personally never tried but heard rave reviews - click here to read)



Cargo Multi Mix Bronzer; $28.00



Have a favorite gel or liquid bronzer? Please let us know in the comment section below!

1 comments:

Arianne said...

Fantastic! I've been curious about gel bronzers recently. Can you tell us the shimmer level for each of these?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin