Monday, August 10, 2009

Bathing Beauty: Genevieve Jones

Genevieve Jones, the fabulously chic NYC fashionista and fiercely talented accessories designer (click here to check out the goods - the safety pin earrings are a Manhattan staple), is one of the most beautiful ladies in the Big Apple. She's been a friend of mine for about 8 years and I swear, she hasn't aged a day. Now I know why. Genevieve takes incredible care of her skin and it shows.


We asked Genevieve to answer our favorite beauty questions and luckily, she spilled her entire beauty routine!


What are your top 5, can't-live-without products?
1 - SK-II Facial Treatment Masks - They literally transform my skin and erase any sign of late night debauchery.
2 - Indian Healing Clay by Aztec Secret - I mix it to make body masks, face masks and I make a thick base with it to heal blemishes. It works within minutes.
3 - Aura Glow Almond Oil by Heritage Products - Ipour it in the bath to make my skin extra soft and the smell is so soothing, perfect aromatherapy.
4 - Terax Original Crema Ultra Moisturizing Daily Conditioner - It keeps my hair healthy and shiny.
5 - Dolce and Gabbana Intense Nail Laquer in Pink - It's literally the best polish for nails and I swear it really doesn't chip.

What is your all-time favorite product?
Nars Body Glow Huile Pailletee Pour Le Corps. It's not a necessity but I really live for it and it gives my skin an amazing glow.

What product do you buy in bulk?
I order Epsom Salts online in bulk and pour pounds of them into the bath to relax and soften my skin.

You moisturize your face with...
I use different products depending on the season. In the winter I use SK-II Facial Treatment Repair C for the day and Creme de la Mer at night. In the summer I use Dr. Hauschka Toned Day Cream and Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel at night.

Favorite body product?
DDF Glycolic 10% Body Lotion. It's all I use to moisturize my skin and keep it healthy and toned.

Favorite beauty secret you've picked up along the way?
I scrub my lips using a toothbrush with honey, lemon, sugar and a dash of cayenne. I make it myself and store it in the fridge. My lips are instantly fuller, extra smooth and soft.

Beauty icon you admire?
GRETA GARBO! So elegant, feminine and regal. She was such an empowering woman in her time and even now. Truly admirable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these beauty profiles! So many times you wonder what someone is using to get that glow...or you might covet their make up etc...
it's also interesting learning about new products too.

Cyn said...

I would love to try the healing mask. I take very good care of my skin, but I have to admit, I don't pamper the rest of my body as I should.

Your friend's pictures are very inspirational.

Cyn
beautyisnow.com

Anonymous said...

Genevieve Jones is a fine jewelry and luxury handbag designer, her website is www.genevieve-jones.com You can also check out her blog based on her jewelry collection, www.welovegenevievejones.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin