Rosebud Salve just got some competition. Jurlique recently launched their all-over Love Balm ($15.00) and it does for chaffed and chapped skin what Rosebud does for lips... and then some. This multifunctional product has over 10 uses in one tiny tin. Love Balm is genius for any area of your skin that needs an instant moisture pick-me-up. While the consistency is harder than that of Rosebud (almost like a solid perfume), Love Balm applies smooth and satiny with the faintest sheen, mega moisture and a delicious tangerine aroma. Like all of Jurlique products, it's ingredients are all-natural and free of Parabens, PEGs, artificial colors, artificial fragrances, SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), and SLES (Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate).
Says the company: "The balm contains a potent anti-microbial agent called Totarol, a natural plant extract drawn sustainably from recycled fence posts constructed decades ago out of the New Zealand Totara tree. The extract possesses unique broad-spectrum, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activity because Totarol is non-irritating to human skin. A soothing combination of chamomile, calendula, marshmallow, rosa gallica, daisy, echinacea, sweet violet and pansy, Jurlique’s Biodynamic Blend is mixed into a creamy, moisturizing base of natural oils including bisabolol, soybean, mango nut seed, jojoba, shea butter, sunflower seed and avocado. Beeswax, licorice root and tangerine oil lend Love Balm its exceptional texture and sweet natural flavor."
Says Mariah Carey, fan of the balm: "When Brett Ratner directed my new music video "Obsessed" he wanted my lips shiny so he gave me Jurlique's new Love Balm and I loved it!!"
Here are some of the uses for Love Balm:
- Lips – moisturize, condition, protect and soften the delicate skin of the lips
- Elbows – massage into rough areas
- Cuticles – rub in daily to hydrate dry cuticles
- Hands – use all over as an invisible protective glove
- Knees – massage in regularly for smooth, moisturized knees
- Legs – massage in to instantly hydrate skin and give a lovely sheen to bare legs
- Nose – apply over chapped areas to soothe during flu, cold, or exposure to the elements
- Feet – apply to heels to help soften dry, toughened skin
- Breathe in to uplift – whenever you need a pick-me-up, inhale the tangerine scent for an instant boost
Loving Love Balm.