Thursday, March 04, 2010

REVIEW: CoverGirl Eye Lights Mascara

My friend Kaycee swears by CoverGirl's newest mascara revolution: Eye Lights, mascara suited for your eye color. Kinda genius, I must admit, so naturally, I had to try the goods.

Here's what it is:
A light-reflecting metallic mascara and a hint of tint that brings out your blues, browns, hazels and greens, with the patented no-clump brush to help define lashes. For brown eyes, CoverGirl has made an exclusive black pearl color. For blue eyes, it's black sapphire with a hint of blue, for green eyes, black ruby with a pop of purple, and for hazel eyes, you have black gold.

While Kaycee used the black ruby for her green peepers -- and yes, they did look brighter and greener -- the same exact color on my golden eyes seemed rather dreary. While the formula still lengthened my lashes, the color was a tad poopish (yes, I said poop). I decided to buy my color -- I'm somewhere between black gold and black pearl but opted for black pearl as I live for dark, full lashes, and let me tell you, black pearl turned my lashes into fierceness. My eyes looked brighter -- even a tad lighter -- while my lashes looked long and clump-free. But I must admit, my brown/ hazel peepers will be sticking to the CoverGirl Lash Blast as I'm a sucker for the real deal: black mascara.

If you're into a hint of color, this mascara is one to try.

PRICE TAG: $4.99

1 comments:

Sarade said...

Sounds intriguing. I always go for the more expensive mascaras like Lancome. But is higher end really necessary these days? I may have to experiment again.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin