Monday, April 12, 2010

Bathing Beauty: Christina Zilber

Christina Zilber is the founder and creator of one of my absolute favorite cosmetic lines, Jouer. Her mother, a fashion model of the iconic era of the sixties, taught Christina that makeup should be classic and effortless, enhancing a woman’s natural beauty, never overpowering it. This is the philosophy behind Jouer, a small color line that is adored by makeup artists and celebrities alike.

The unique element to the Jouer range is that the packaging is designed to allow you to form your own "palettes" with the products (they "snap" and "slide" together). So, if you're a girl who loves shadow but can't stand blush, you can create a palette of all eye shadows, of your choosing. And the entire line consists of colors that are actually wearable. If you mix just about any shadow with a tint and a lip gloss, it'll go together -- and look fantastic. In this beauty writer's perspective, Christina is a makeup genius.


We asked the former model to share her beauty routine. Here's how a "makeup stylist" plays around:

What are your top 5, can’t live without products?
1. Jouer’s Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden – the perfect lightweight foundation and moisturizer AND sunscreen in one. And, it makes my skin look as close to perfect as it’s going to get.
2. Jouer’s Lip and Cheek Tint in Petal – I apply this pretty pink cheek tint with a powder brush and always look healthy and refreshed.
3. Japonesque travel eyelash curler – My secret weapon for looking wide awake and well rested. This lash curler is small enough to fit in my makeup bag and doesn’t look like an ancient torture device.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisture Lotion – I use this body lotion as a hand lotion, it’s thick enough to combat dry hands from lots of hand washing yet lightweight and not greasy.
5. Jouer’s Glisten lip gloss – I am in love with my new Spring lip gloss color, a sheer nude with subtle sparkles.

2. What is your all time favorite product?
My LaRoche-Posay Anthelios Sunscreen from France in SPF 55.

What is your favorite hair product?
I am obsessed with Nexxus Biotin Shampoo! It keeps my hair full and growing! And, as an added benefit, without being drying, I can go a few extra days between shampooing.

What product do you buy in bulk?
Jouer’s Lip Enhancer – I have one next to my bed, one in my car, one in my makeup bag – a super hydrating lip balm with vitamins C, E, and A as well as Jojoba seed oil. It’s the one product I don’t go a day (or night) without using.

You moisturize your face with…
I don’t believe in moisturizers. I haven’t used one since I started the Obagi system and haven’t needed one. The theory being moisturizers weaken your skin. My skin has never looked better.

Favorite Body Product?
I love mixing a body butter with a body oil for extra emolliency, so I created both for Jouer in the most sumptuous scent of Jasmine, Gardenia and Honeysuckle.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
To cover dark circles under your eyes, use a peach colored concealer or brightener and dab it just on the line of the shadow. Don’t sweep across under the eye or you’ll look like a raccoon.

Beauty icon you admire?
Audrey Hepburn because she didn’t try to fit in with the beauty standard of the day of large breasts and bleached hair. She was petite and wide eyed and effortless. And, as a true beauty icon, she was beautiful inside and out – choosing to spend her time helping the needy children of the world through UNICEF.

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin