Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trend Alert: Bathroom Pink Pout

I have a confession to make. I'm in Paris, as in Paris, France. On an "inspiration" holiday but alas I am still blogging away.

Here's a little beauty inspiration I've found on both sides of the seine: pink lips. Granted, pink lips are nothing new, celebs like Fergie and Rihanna have been sporting the neon hue for some years now, but this pink is different. It's matte, never glossy, and it's not candy colored or even fluorescent, it's more of a creamy, soft, caked on pink. A mixture of bright and mauve, like a paint color you'd use in a guest bathroom. Thus, I'll call my pink, the bathroom pink pout.

I saw the sales woman in Givenchy wearing the hue, an elderly French woman in line for the YSL exhibit at the Petit Palais with her lips dressed in the same color and yet two more younger Parisian fashionistas sporting the look.

Here are some pinks to put a color to the description of "bathroom pink pout":


Make Up For Ever Lipstick in Soft Pink 409


MAC Lipstick in Speak Louder


Rouge Dior Replenishing Lipcolor in Dolce Vita Pink

Would you wear this Parisian trend?

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin