Friday, August 06, 2010

Lady Gaga Covers Vanity Fair, September... Grey Nails Are Hot!

Is it just me or is Lady Gaga channeling her inner Lindsay Lohan on this Vanity Fair cover? I think it's the hair, it's gotta be the hair. Very Lohan-esque --- long and layered. But Gaga is the ice princess version of Lohan's super tanned physique.

I'm shocked to see Gaga so exposed. And by exposed I mean I can actually see her features. She's not hiding behind a mask or some seriously outrageous outfit. Despite the big, dramatic, glam-slam eyes (lashes aplenty), her makeup is actually quite tepid. Everything is so grey and beige. It's like the undertone of the magazine is just.... taupe and Gaga is taupe's leading lady.

Even check out the nails - beige, too.

And here's a little 411 on the nail situation. Deborah Lippmann, manicurist to the stars, styled Lady Gaga’s nails with Waking Up In Vegas. The putty-licious gray crème is a super-sultry rendition of the popular grey-nail look and, no doubt, it blends in ever so nicely with the bland palette of colors we are exploring for Gaga on this cover.



To purchase the Deborah Lippmann shade used on Lady Gaga ($16.00), click here.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Ooh I love it. Probably the only Lady Gaga beauty choice I'll ever be able to pull off.

Sophia said...

Wow, that's so funny that you mentioned gray nails.
I totally just read that they're in style for the fall too. Thanks for sharing! And by the way, I love this pic of Gaga!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin