- Get ready for this season’s festivities by going with a look that can be worn from the office to the office party. Keep it sleek and simple with an up-do in the morning and be sure to take any accessories, pins, or hair ties you need to re-primp and jazz it up at the office. Remember less is more: adding a simple headband or jeweled-piece provides that extra layer for a perfect evening look.
- Always prep your hairstyle with a proper wash. Remember to comb any tangles out before you wet it and use warm water to open the cuticles of the hair and to wash all the oil and dirt off. Then, you only need a dollop of shampoo to rub your hands together and apply to your scalp. Take note that you should put the shampoo on your scalp and not at the ends of your hair. Rinse your hair with cold water afterwards to close the cuticles and add to the shine of your hair.
- To flatten frizz on the go, dampen your hands with a finishing spray or smoothing agent. Run hands through your hair, and then loosely pull your hair back into a bun. Wait 15 minutes and take your strands down for flawless, shiny hair in minutes.
When you're strapped for time do the T-zone blow-dry: dry down your part and around your hairline only. Not only will you look finished, but your hair will thank you.
- Many people make styling curly hair harder than it needs to be. Classic curls are in this season, so if you have them, rock them! To define and pump up those curls, use a conditioning leave-in treatment with a curl-defining spray to add softness and de-frizz those curls.
- Think about giving the gift of beauty for the Holidays. Not only is it practical, but there’s no better gift than that of pampering someone you love. I recommend a gift certificate with at least one product to round it out.
- The iconic, “Mad Men” era, vintage look is in this year and to achieve this, keep it soft and sleek:
- High knot on top of head finished off with a statement headband. I like Lucy notions headbands created from repurposed vintage fabrics so almost every headband is unique.
- Fringes and framing around the face really work as it gives you a lot of versatility.
- Pumped up French twists are back as well as braids and hair accessories. These classic looks are perfect for Holiday soirees.