Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TREND FORECASTING: Are Updo's The New Red-Carpet Go-To

The Golden Globes saw an above average share of updo's. From Natalie to Melissa, all the girls - young and old(er)  - were sporting some sort of upper chignon.



While I'm not a massive fan of the updo for formal affairs - it's a personal preference, I enjoy a black-tie frock with a more low key hair style - I do see a slight change towards Hollywood's A-list ladies pulling their hair up. Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Melissa Leo, Scarlett Johansson, Mila Kunis, Claire Danes and Giuliana Ransic were just a few of the women with updos.

While Natalie sported a french twist (not my fave), Scarlett opted for a bee hive (my least fave) and Claire went with a low chignon (I can deal).

Personally, I happen to feel that updo's a rather reminiscent of high school prom days - but that's just me. I'm begining to feel like this is a trend we'll be seeing -- all of award season, so brace yourselves.

Who do you think gave best updo?

check out this link for a how to tutorial on the infamous ballet updo.

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin