Beauty guru Ole Henriksen is dubbed by the Danish press as "the happiest man alive." Here, he gives his tips for staying happy amidst these dreary winter blues:
Ole’s Six Instant Mood Boosters:
· Eat right: Every morning, I start my day off with a breakfast of oatmeal, cooked with flax seed and mixed with blueberries, blackberries and raspberries to keep my blood sugar up, which is key to a good mood.
· Exercise: Start your day off moving. Even a 15 minute walk will up your energy. I loves the gymnastic rings. When I exercise on my rings the experience is that of a relaxing meditation – like floating in mid air like I’m on cloud nine.
· Bond and laugh with friends: For women, female bonding sends joyful, calming signals to the brain. One of the greatest joys is a good belly laugh that goes on forever and ever! I can’t get enough of it, it’s part of my daily life.
· Apply OLEHENRIKSEN truth revealed: My truth revealed super crème spf 15 contains my own Omega 3 Happiness Concentrate. This “Happiness Concentrate” increases the release of dopamine (a neurotransmitter involved in the sensation of happiness) and improves microcirculation for a radiant complexion.
· Drink tea: Green tea increases dopamine in the brain, which chemically lifts your mood.
· See the light: The shorter daylight hours of the winter can make us feel down. If you can’t get outside for some sunshine, try sitting with a light box for twenty minutes a few times a week to lift your mood.