As you pack your bag for your Memorial weekend getaway - even if it's just a day bag - (here's to hoping for some sun and swim), there's a few necessities you should be bringing along. Like that perfect pair of sandals (finally!). And that dress that shows off just the right amount of skin.
But how about the beauty front? Don't worry, I've got you covered.
I've put together a beauty check list of the must-have items you should be toting along with you to your final destination...
1. SPF - Even if the sun only makes a brief appearance, it's that time of year and the rays are stronger so SPF is a daily necessity. Try one that is built into your daily moisturizer like Murad's Perfecting Day Cream with SPF 30 (don't do anything less than a 30 SPF)!
2. Shave - You'll want to keep your legs on display - which means lean and clean (and hairless). Whish makes the best shaving products for women. Brings fun into a funless activity. One to try: Shave Savour - Hair Inhabiting Gel, an after-sun refresher that is also divine post shave or wax AND slows hair growth!
3. Hair - What's easier than beach-chic when you're at the beach? Try sleeping with your hair wrapped in a tight bun while damp, secure with an elastic - you'll wake up with the perfect wave. Replenish during the day with one of my personal favorite styling tools, Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist.
4. Lips - You'll want to hydrate and provide a hint of hue. With sand and swim, a stain will keep the color on your lips where it belongs. Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain, their newest dual action stain and gloss does both. You can click here to read my full rave on the product.
5. Face - The most important product for summer is a PRIMER! It keeps all of the other makeup on for hours longer, helps even the complexion and minimize pores while giving you a great matte finish... and a primer with a bit of shimmer is a summer bonus. For an oil-free matte primer, try NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer. For something with a little iridescent kick, try Tarina Tarantino Pearl Glow Primer.