“The sun can bring you beautiful natural highlights and wind-swept hair. In all reality you must protect your hair from those hot summer rays and humidity that can damage your hair, resulting in dry, drab, split, and frizzy hair ends," says celebrity hair stylist, Oliver Ifergan, who has tamed the tresses of America Ferrera, Salma Hayek, George Clooney, Tea Leoni, and Gina Gershon.
Here are Oliver's top 5 Summer Hair Tips:
1. Wear a hat at the beach, in your convertible or out in the park. Keep in mind that hair can also get sunburned, just like your scalp and skin. You must protect it from the sun’s deadly, damaging rays.
2. Shampoo your hair less in the summer to retain more moisture throughout the hot summer days.
3. During the summer, hair must be treated more delicately, keeping in mind to use the most moisturizing and gentle shampoo and conditioners.
4. If you French braid your hair whilst wet, it will dry into big, soft, loose waves.
5. For extra conditioning apply deep conditioner or mask and rap a plastic wrap or shower cap just before bedtime. Allow the treatment to soak into your hair overnight for a deep, nourishing treatment and repair.