Summer is a time when hair doesn't necessarily look it's absolute best - but it should - cause you're rocking a tan and feeling great! Factor in humidity, sun damage and chlorine, and hair can tend to be coarse, frizzy and even dull.
Here are my favorite summer hair products to have your hair in perfect beach-chic shape in no time!
1. A dry shampoo. Major necessity. I live for Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo With Oat Extract. It takes the oil out of my scalp and gives me perfect second day hair. I use it constantly in the hot and sweaty summer months.
2. An awesome curling agent. Something with a natural beachy wave kick. Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist is a favorite, but John Frieda Frizz-Ease Spiral Style Curl-Defining Spray Gel is also great because it keeps frizzies at bay.
3. A Hair Mask is vital. Aveda makes one perfect for post sun. Sun Care After-Sun Hair Mask. It restores weakened hair Tamanu oil, shea butter, coconut and palm oils and contains 100% certified organic essences of neroli, ylang ylang and citrus.
4. Hair Sun Protector. Like your skin, the sun can damage your hair as well. Especially, color-treated hair. Invest in a hair SPF. Try Phyto Plage Protective Beach Spray Maximum Sun Protection Hair Sprays. It provides a UV filter, prevents color oxidation and preserves hair shine.
5. Frizz-free product. The humidity has a tendency to make hair puffy and frizzy. You'll need an oil or serum to counteract. Try Ouidad Shine Glaze, a serum that smooths flyaways while adding sheen. Good-bye puff!