Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Beauty Qestions Answered... How to Bronze Fair Skin

One of our beauty-full readers, Phyrra, wrote in with a great question:

"I'm a girl who can't tan, ever. I burn. I don't ever have that golden, sunkissed look. How does someone like me apply bronzer without looking ridiculous? Or is there no way?"

Of course there is a way, Phyrra!

My first suggestion would be to apply a very light buildable color moisturizer for a base. Try Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer for Fair Skin Tones. You get to control how dark or light the bronze is - apply a few times for a light sun kissed hue. Apply daily for a more golden color. This is a great product, very well-received, people love it (Allure even gave it their coveted Beauty Award). It's NOT a self-tanner so it doesn't streak or turn orange, but there is a bit of color built into the moisturizer.

Next, I would use a powder one shade DARKER than your skin tone. Again, this will create a base from which to build. This should not be a bronzer, just an everyday powder. Make sure to get in the hairline, ears and neck so that you don't look two-toned!


Finally, find a bronzer made specifically for light skin. Physician's Formula makes amazing, affordable, natural-looking bronzers. Try the Organic wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer - it has 2 shades that you can blend together to create the perfect sun-kissed hue. It's also buildable color, meant for fair skin so you will get a very natural, even bronze. **VERY IMPORTANT: Only use bronzer on areas that would actually catch the sun's rays. A bronzer should NEVER be used everywhere on the face! A bit on the forehead, chin, cheeks, a couple dusts on the neck and chest, will give you that natural hue.**

It's really all about trial and error. Go to Sephora and raid their bronzer section - try as many as you can get your hands on... just make sure to apply sparingly! And don't EVER use a bronzer intended for darker skin tones. This will most definitely make you look "made-up."

Hope that helps!

xoxo,

Beauty Banter

3 comments:

Phyrra said...

Thank you for the tips :)
I'll definitely give bronzer a shot at least once!

Anonymous said...

I love Their organic line. The packaging is also eco friendly. Very cool!

Jessica Allison said...

I'm very fair myself and not a huge fan of bronzer, but some looks just look better with a bit of color on the skin. If anyone's interested, I wrote on this topic a week ago (or so) on my blog; click my name to go there!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin