Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Bathing Beauty: Valerie Boster

You may know Valerie Boster as the Vogue Magazine bookings editor (a very prestigious job, indeed). Or perhaps, from the society pages of glossy magazines. You may even recognize her name from the plethora of charities that she lends her name and time to.



And while we love Valerie for all of these fabulous things, here at Beauty Banter, we're most impressed by her gorgeous locks (long, thick and extension-free), her just-right bronzed skin (courtesy of her Latin background), and her carefree, model good looks... au naturel, as you'll notice by reading her beauty routine. 

Whether dressed in couture or lounging beach side, Valerie always looks glamorous. Here are her favorite products that keep her looking her very best.


 What are your top 5, can't-live-without products?
1. Chapstick - my lips are addicted plus I rarely wear lipstick so I always have one handy.
2. Lancome Star Bronzer - I am a surfer girl at heart so I always feel better with a little color, especially in the winter.
3. Chanel Intense Volume and Curl Mascara in Smokey Noir - Since it’s not about the lips for me, it’s always about the eyes.
4. Lancome Le Crayon Khol in Noir - I go through these monthly. I am almost always in a smoky eye at night.
5. Infiniti by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Styler - It has a built in brush. It’s 80’s, old-school and the only way I dry my hair if I’m not at the beach.

What is your all-time favorite product?

Bigarade Concentree by Jean-Claude Ellene. The only fragrance I wear and it instantly puts me in a good mood... must be all the good times I’ve had while wearing it.

What product do you buy in bulk?
Chapstick. I stash one in every clutch, bag and coat pocket.

You moisturize your face with...
Creme de la Mer. I use it only at nighttime as it is so thick and Elemis SOS Emergency Cream during the day.

Favorite body product?
Ahava Dead Sea Salt body lotion. It's just rich enough and I love the smell.

Favorite hair product?
Harry Josh. I don’t use product and he’s the only one who touches my hair.

Favorite beauty secret you've picked up along the way?

Half blow dry my hair and pin it up in a bun. I get the natural waves I see in every magazine but don’t have the patience to sit through at a salon.

Beauty icon you admire?
Any French woman-they age gracefully. Minimal hair and make-up and all about carriage, elegance and poise.

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin