Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cooling Cucumber... Good for your body, Good for your face!

I recently visited a very interesting, "unconventional" spa in Los Angeles' Korea Town. Aroma Spa & Sports is a full-service spa with treaments including body scrubs and massages. However, it most likely isn't what you're used to. Let me walk you through a massage:
First, I was led through the common room of exposed showers, hot tubs, cold pools, steam and sauna, into the treatment area (a large shower-like area with about a dozen water-proof tables and little Asian women clad in black bras and undies). Lying nude on the table, the masseuse trickled my body with oil and jumped all over the table, using hands, feet and elbows to dig into my muscles. She then washed my hair and scalp and flooded my body with a waterfall of hot water. Lastly, a refreshing and delightful cucumber mixture was placed on my face and left to harden.
Personally, I relished such an incredible experience, however I am well aware that not all people would find enjoyment in such a spa. So for the shy folks out there, I'm bringing you the cucumber mask!
Here's how to make the cooling cucumber mask in the comfort and privacy of your own home:

Materials Needed:
1 Cucumber
A Peeler
A bowl with ice
A strainer.

Peel the ENTIRE cucumber into the bowl of ice and let sit until ice melts. Strain the water and apply the remaining cucumber to the face. Leave on for 15 minutes or until hard. Rinse.

I assure you that this simple mask will not only refresh and sooth but also take years (at least days...) from your face! Best when used prior to a big night out as the cool cucumbers have a tightening effect on the skin....

You have an at-home recipe? SHARE IT WITH US HERE!

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin