Monday, December 04, 2006

'Tis the Season...

(pre-NYC transformation)
I spent the past weekend in New York updating my Winter beauty look, and let me tell you, it was quite a glamorous transformation. I died my ever-oxidized blonde locks into a healthier and richer chocolate brown - thanks to the fabulous fingers of uber-colorist, Ludovic at The Pierre Michel Salon. Ludovic has been beautifying A-list clients including Sharon Stone and Michelle Williams for the past 13 years, so needless to say, I was in good hands. Why brown? "Chocolate brown is the color this Winter because it is warmer for the skin," says Ludovic.
Next, I marched on over to the newly opened Sephora on Lexington Avenue and Fifty-Eight Street. The trend of the moment is golden eyes - the more shimmer, the better - and red lips. For blush, a just-walked-in-from-the-cold look is natural and necessary.
So here it is: The Ultimate Beauty Whore... transformed!
(post-NYC transformation)
On eyes, Laura Mercier Eye Book, exclusive for the Holiday Season. I blended the golden color with a bit of the burnt brown in my crease and under my lids. On lips, Bourjois Rouge Heprfix in Rouge Ultime 7. On cheeks, what else but Stila's Convertible color in POPPY!
Send us your Winter wonderland transformations! And remember, it's all about color!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah doll you were a gorgeouse blond and an even more stunning semi brunette. Love Kristen

ElizabethPetal said...

You look stunning!

I recently went in for a winter make-over at Aveda and my favourite products from that are: Plum Touch blush (it gives my cheeks a wintery just-came-in-from-the-cold look). I also adore their Lip shine in Grapefruit Pulp. It gives my lips a shimmery, just-been-kissed look. My only complaint with the lip shine is that it doesn't stay on my lips for very long. Finally, I've been using their eyeshadow in Opal which is wonderful for lining the eyes and as shadow. I've discovered that lining my eyes with this opalescent shade does wonders for bringing out my eyes. Together these colours are great for pale skin, now that I'm not using any bronzer. I love the fact that pale skin is in - finally my natural paleness is a good thing!

Btw, I love the Bourjois Rouge Heprfix you've got on. Does it really last for 10 hours?

Elizabeth

Fate and Shayna - because one name is never enough said...

You have really nice eyebrows.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin