Thursday, July 05, 2007

Make-Up Banter with Sole Alberti...

Make-up artist, Sole Alberti, did a fabulous job creating the flirty and sexy faces of Veronica and the V-Squad for my short film, I HEART VERONCIA MARTIN. She used the same high-school feel (sans the dew) to paint the face of awkward outcast, Darby.

(Sole Alberti (left) with Cameron Richardson/ Veronica Martin (right)

Below, read Sole's step by step make-up application process and discover the products that she used!






"For the girls of I Heart Veronica Martin, I started off by using a light, oil free lotion with spf 30 by Dermalogica. I wanted to keep their lovely faces protected from the intense sun. I then used TruBlend foundation by COVERGIRL.

I wanted to give the girls a natural dewey look so I used COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally luminous blush powder in pure romance. It creates a beautiful rouge on the apples of the cheeks with just the perfect amount of sparkle and shine. I then used natural tones on the eyes ranging from light browns to neutral pinks and beiges.

On their eyelashes, once they were curled, I applied the COVERGIRL Lash Exact waterproof mascara. They were doing a lot of cheering and dancing in the scorching heat, so I wanted to make sure the mascara did not run. It worked wonders! I was also very pleased with the wand of the mascara. It allowed me to get really close to the lash line and separate the eye lashes in the most fabulous fashion.

On their lips, I used a two step lip gloss by COVERGIRL Outlast Double Lip Shine in pink 205 and Clear 005 to give their lips extra shine.








For the cheering scenes, I used Clarins After Sun Moisturizing Spray all over their bodies for a natural shimmer and glow. In addition, I mixed water and glycerine to manufature that sexy, sweaty effect. After a long day, the girls still looked perfectly dewey and beautiful!

On Carla Gallo (Darby), who was not doing any cheering, I stuck to the same look I gave the other girls but kept the shine down and matted the colors a little bit. I wanted to create the effect that she was low maintenance with her look. Just very simple and casual. I used the same products but with a way lighter touch.


All in all the girls all looked amazing on and off screen. Since they were being shot in HD which picks up every pore, I made sure that the skin was very even. The foundation was great for that. I had to get in real close and make sure they were always perfect. They of course made my job very easy with their beautiful skin and glowing features!

GO V-SQUAD!!!!!"


(Veronica, V-Squad, Darby and the Director... ME!!!)

***Special thanks to Brent Poer who hooked us up with the Cover Girl Cosmetics. Without Brent, this movie would cease to exist! We Heart You, Brent!!!***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone had a great time. I like the sound of the approach to the make up for the film.

Unknown said...

The Juicy Lip Gloss from LancĂ´me are also very good: they have a good lasting, they are super shiny and they taste good!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin