Monday, January 07, 2008

The Calm After the Storm

New Years holiday was a blast. I would have posted sooner but I've been recuperating. I spent five days in Florida with my dear friend Kimberly Stewart. We started off the trip in Palm Beach where I hung out and beauty shopped with hair-crazed Jenny. Then we ventured to Miami for the big New Years Eve bash (and stayed for about 24 hours). I returned back to Los Angeles on the 1st and it has literally rained every day since!

Florida left my skin very tan and my hair very blonde. I used spf 30 on my face and pranced around in a straw hat and yet I still came home with blotchy dark spots from the sun!!! I have decided to up the spf to a 40 for my next tanning adventure!

As far as make-up is concerned, while lounging poolside, less is more. My advice: invest in a great sunblock, a hydrating lippy with a dash of color, a black mascara, a fun hat and a kick-ass pair of shades (mine are vintage gold... love them!)

I kept my beauty routine very very simple. MD Forte Aftercare Environmental Protection Cream SPF 30 on my face, my very favorite au natural, vacation go-to chap stick, Labello in cherry, for my lips. It provides the perfect splash of red and yet it still moisturizes! And for my eyes, my new must-have mascara... Fresh Supernova. I'll be doing an entire post on this incredible product later today. But I will say this - I convinced Kim, Jenny and guest-blogger, Di, to purchase the mascara and so far, no complaints from anyone!

Here's a pic of my straw hat, my kick-ass shades, and Labello-glossed lips tanning poolside/ beach side in Palm Beach (yes, that was the view that I woke up to EVERY morning... sigh):



As for NYE make-up, here's what I used:

  • MAC Eye Shadow Quad in Gentle Fume - 4 sultry greys and blacks to produce the perfect silver smokey eye.
  • MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack - I was going for the dramatic cat eye liner look. This MAC liner is malleable and very easy to navigate. I lined the bottom of my eyes with MAC Soft Sparkle Eye Pencil in Night Sky, a black pencil infused with silver sparkles - perfect for party eyes!
  • Nars Outlaw for my cheeks with a dash of MAC Northern Light Skin Finish to highlight my cheek bones.
  • On my lips, I wanted glossy and nude. I chose MAC Lustre Glass in Instant Gold AND MAC Lustre Glass in A37 from the Holiday Curiosities Kit.
  • And, of course, I finished it all off with about 8 coats of Fresh Supernova Mascara!
Here's a pic from NYE:


Kimberly actually designed that AMAZING dress that I'm wearing... I love having talented friends!!!


On Kim's lips, my new favorite red lippy from MAC's Originals collection, Russian Red, an absolute god-sent red hue! (that's it pictured on the left!)



Well, that's all for now! Hope you had a beauty-full Holiday!

1 comments:

Angel Lust PR said...

During fashion week, Fashion indie handed out a SWAG BAG. And inside one of our products was"Armada Skin Lightening, Full-Spectrum, Indoor-Outdoor Sun and Light Screen: Face and Body Shield 60" Now thats skin protection and it is not oily on the face, just a light moisturizer actually. A must have for those in the sun!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin