Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rediscovering Mario Badescu

I LOVE to give myself at home mini-facials. You know, wash, exfoliate, steam, mask, pick (okay, fine, you're not supposed to pick but I can't help it!), moisturize... the whole nine.

So, last night as I primped for an evening of pre-Oscar events, I rediscovered an old time favorite skin care line. Mario Badescu. If you're not familiar with the line, you need to be. They make a variety of products that suit all skin types - from acne to dehydrated! And it's so easy to navigate! All of the products come tagged with C (for combination), O (for oily), S (for sensitve), D (for dry) and so on. It's important to mention that the products are very well priced too!

They make an incredible drying lotion that literally clears pimples on contact. With it's unique blend of Calamine and Salicylic Acid, the lotion heals and soothes those puss-filled pests overnight! It's actually quite famous. And it's only $17.00 and lasts forever! For more info on the Drying Lotion, click HERE.

I'm also quite obsessed with the Flower & Tonic Mask. It's meant for combination/ oily/ sensitive skin (thus it reads C, O, S). It's a purifying and calming mask with a Kaolin formula that helps to absorb dirt and oil and decongest pores, and Balsam Peru ingredient that soothes minor redness and irritation. I left the mask on until it hardened (about 20 minutes) and then rinsed with warm water. My skin was soft, smooth and glowing!!!

Next, I used the Ceramide Eye Gel. It's emerald green, gooey and absolutely divine! This is by no means your conventional eye cream! The Ceramides and nourishing Herbal Extracts help to diminish puffiness and tired eyes. The lightweight gel is incredibly soothing AND **hint** if you store it in the fridge, it's a fabulous morning pick-me-up for tired eyes! The best part is, it's only $18.00! I applied the eye gel after the mask and before my moisturizer and my eyes were instantly brighter and tighter! It was the perfect eye treatment to use prior to a night out on the town!

I'm feeling the need to try more Mario Badescu products asap as I am so happy with the results of these.

Anyone out there have a favorite? (Hair crazed Jenny raves about the seaweed cleansing lotion)... Something I MUST TRY? Let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! I'll have to order some for my combination skin

Anonymous said...

Mario's Silver Powder!! It's amazing... it loosens up gunk in your pores and makes extractions simple and quick. It's amazing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin