Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Skin Genesis is Sorta Genius

I've used the Cetaphil moisturizer for ages now - it's inexpensive and effective - yet, lately it's been making my skin oily. So while thumbing through a fashion magazine recently, I came across this advertisement for L'oreal's Skin Genesis moisturizing cream. The model? Well, she's really an actress with a great gig as a L'oreal spokesperson... the gorgeous and pore-free skinned, Penelope Cruz.



Yes, I must admit, I got taken by an advertisement. But, come on! Penelope Cruz has just about the greatest skin of anyone on this planet... and I can't help wanting gorgeous skin myself! I finally had a chance to try the Skin Genesis moisturizer (oil-free, of course) and, I've gotta say, I'm a fan!

The Skin Genesis Oil-Free Daily Moisturizer won the Allure Best of Beauty "Beauty Breakthrough" award in October. And the entire Skin Genesis line has been creating a lot of buzz. The technology is this:  They call it "green chemistry." Pro-Xylane, an ingredient in the product, comes from the wood of beach trees.  With this new water-based process that L'oreal uses to extract the ingredient, trees and soil are left unharmed.  Sounds cool, although I can't comment on the reality of this process.


Here's what I do know: Not only is the moisturizer oil-free, but it boosts cellular renewal to help erase fine lines. It also helps to maintain an even skin tone while keeping the skin's layers hydrated. It starts with the outer layer, and works inward, thus you look younger from the first application.  And I loved the way it felt on my skin... it definitely penetrated throughout, not leaving a greasy layer on my face.  My only problem is that it contains fragrance... and people with sensitive skin should always avoid fragrance.

Have you tried any products from the Skin Genesis line?  Have a favorite?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the oil free moisturizer! I bought because I need something for oily skin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin