Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vitamin C for the Face... OH MY!

Vitamin C is the cure-all for runny noses and scratchy throats. It's the tastiest vitamin in all of the land (I like the chewable ones) and it's super good for your immune system.

Well, girlies, it's super good for your skin too!

Philosophy has this incredible product called Turbo Booster C Powder and it has 99.8% potency! Basically, it's pure topical vitamin C in a powder form that you can mix with ANY moisturizer of your choosing (I use it with my Neutrogena Sunblock - SPF 70!!!). This is such a genius dermatologist trick and so simple: add vitamins to your skin to stop premature aging!

So, why Vitamin C?! Vitamin C is an antioxidant. Antioxidant's are great for the skin. Also, the potent vitamin Lightens (sun spots, age spots and hyperpigmentation), Brightens (overall complexion and tone), and Tightens (pores and saggy skin). And it's also said to protect against free radical damage (just being outside and exposed to all of those nasty pollutants!).

I like the Turbo Boost because it tingles (so I know it's working) and it really does leave a luminous glow on my skin. The more I use it, the better my skin feels and looks. I'm not sure if it's completely fading my dark spots, but it's definitely giving me a healthier complexion! And I'm obsessed with the mini spoon that comes with the jar. It reminds me of a... tiny sugar spoon. I can't help but sing "a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down" every time I use it!

PRICE TAG: $35.00 for .25 oz (but remember, just a tiny spoonful of vitamin mixed with your favorite moisturizer!)

Suitable for all skin types.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds amazing!!! i want it NOW. thanks for the great tip.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is great! The mother of a friend of mine used to get Vitamin C facial treatments and her skin always looked fabulous.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin