Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Emmys Spotlight: Kelly Kruger

Our dear friend, actress Kelly Kruger, looked so fab at the Emmys on Sunday night. From the dress (Dolce and Gabbana) to the jewels (H. Stern) to the feminine hair and makeup, Kelly rocked the red carpet!



In this **exclusive** Beauty Banter interview, Kelly dishes on how she achieved the look:

"Pam Phillips is an amazing makeup artist and hair stylist I met while working on KNIGHT RIDER. She worked on LAS VEGAS with Molly Simms and is often responsible for her gorgeous red carpet looks.

The inspiration started with an Audrey Hepburn sophisticated girly look but we kept modifying it as we went along.

First, we started with hair. My hair is so long, thick and heavy and we wanted to find a way to get it off my face and have it look soft and feminine but in a way that it wouldn't fall after an hour.

She started by curling with an iron and clipped each curl to keep them really tight while we did makeup. After makeup was done she let the curls out and randomly started pinning them back. The result was a soft, feminine yet imperfect updo. It felt sophisticated and sexy at the same time.

I am obsessed w airbrush face makeup!!! It leaves a flawless finish with amazing coverage and never looks cakey! Plus, it lasts all night and I never have to touch it up!

A great tip I learned from Pam:
*Always do your eyes first and base last because makeup will always fall on your face and its so much cleaner to do it that way.

Pam used Vincent Longo shadows in beige shimmer colors (they don't make anymore) on lid, charcoal in corner crease and lined with Bobby Brown gel liner in black.

We curled my normally straight lashes and the result was incredible!!! I didn't know the importance of an eyelash curler until I met Pam! The Shu Uemura lash curler is my new best friend. It opens up my eyes in a way I didn't think possible with my super straight lashes.
She used MAC fleur power blush to get a soft rosy fresh look and finished with MAC lip liner in cranberry all over the lip with lip fusion gloss in sun over the liner.

I was incredibly happy with the outcome!"

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin