Wednesday, January 28, 2009

5 Steps to Winter Relief

No matter how much lotion I slab on my skin, or how much conditioner I run through my hair, this Winter weather is taking a toll on my beauty!

So, in the spirit of cracked skin and dry hair, I've put together a quick 5-step guide to Winter relief:

Use a deep conditioner every time you shower - Yes, deep conditioners are usually meant for Sunday evenings, but a little extra moisture (too much and all over will weigh down your hair!) on the tips of your hair will help combat dead ends and frizzies. Try JLife's Drench Intensive Conditioner. It replenishes and strengthens the hair follicle and I love it!


Mix in a body oil with your body moisturizer - Oils rapidly hydrate dehydrated skin. For double the moisture use both an oil and a lotion. I'm loving the Pure Fiji Nourishing Exotic Oil. It leaves skin hydrated and silky smooth and also has a delicious tropical smell (I heart the mango scent).


Balm up! - A versatile lip and skin balm will do wonders to those cracked, calloused areas. It's more intense than a basic lotion or chapstick and a good one will nourish and protect all day long. My current favorite is RMS Beauty's Organic Lip & Skin Balm. It's scentless, made with all natural and organic materials, comes in a sleek container, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.


Exfoliate skin AND face bi-weekly - Winter has a tendency to leave our complexion a little lackluster. A good exfoliator will bring the brightness out of the bleak... and it readies the new skin to accept and absorb the balms, potions and lotions! For the body, I'm currently digging The Body Deli Botanical Butter Scrub in Coconut Cream (yes, I'm OBSESSED with this line). The scrub is soft while still getting the job done. It's loaded with shea butter, Cocoa and Virgin Coconut Oils to add extra hydration. The coconut smells rich, not tropical, so it's a perfect scent for Winter -- and it feels like cake batter which is always fun.


When all else fails, Aquaphor to the rescue! - With so many uses, you really can't go wrong. I carry a tube in my purse, one in my car, and I keep a tub of it next to my bed. I slather it on my hands, feet, knees, elbows, lips and cuticles, under my nose when my poor little sinus' are runny... you get the picture. And don't be afraid to use it on your face if you are seriously cracked! My mom uses it for her mug and she's got tres tres youthful looking skin!

Do YOU have a great Winter Relief secret? Let us know below!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post-Winter relief secret: Spa Week! $50 spa treatments that cost at least $75 normally. Massages, mani-pedis, scrubs, you name it. After a long, cold, dry winter, my body deserves it.

Anonymous said...

what a great post! I really like your suggestion to use balm all over dry areas. Maybe that will give my skin relief!

thanks!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin