Monday, June 29, 2009

Bathing Beauty: Charlotte Collard

You may recognize Charlotte Collard from her modeling campaigns - L'Oreal and Revlon - or her magazine spreads in Vogue, Elle and Marie Claire. But she's so much more than just a pretty face. After traveling the world as a model, Charlotte relocated to Florence where she studied gemology. She now works as a celebrated fashion and jewelry consultant as well as a style blogger. She's very in the know (and you know how I love a trendsetter).


Her site, www.charlottecollard.canalblog.com is bookmarked as a daily must-read. I'm especially obsessed with the weekly outfits that she pairs together - Balenciaga shoes matched with a Balmain blazer and a Barney's ring. If only I had this closet!


We asked Charlotte our favorite beauty questions and here are her answers:

What are you top 5, can't-live-without products?
1 - My perfume: Narciso Rodriguez - FOR HER
2 - My natural Cheek Stain from Tarte that I also use for my lips with a bit of gloss on top to make them shiny
3 - My Skin Guardian: Origins – A Perfect World – White Tea Skin Guardian
4 - My Favorite sexy nail polish (orangy-red color) : Essie – 369 Dramatic
5 - My Hair treatment: Leonor Greyl – Palm oil

What is your all-time favorite product?
My perfume: Narciso Rodriguez - FOR HER. I've been using it for more than 7 years and I just can’t get over it. My friends recognize me by that perfume, it is like a part of me.

What product do you buy in bulk?
Whenever I am in the States, I always buy my ESSIE nailpolish (369 Dramatic) because you can not find this color in Europe and it is actually not that easy to find it in the states either.

You moisturize your face with...
Scents are important to me. It always needs to have a fresh and clean smell so I choose:
Before putting any cream I use the White Tea Skin Guardian from Origins then --
For the summer: I use a lighter cream: AESOP – Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream
For the Winter: I use a homemade cream from an artisanal place in Florence (Officina de Tornabuoni) called IRIS CREAM.

Favorite body product?
A simple and natural almond oil (Amande Douce) that you can find in pharmacies. It is not the most comfortable but the results are great as you will get your baby skin back. Also, it's the oil that pregnant women use for their belly to avoid “skin cracks”.

Favorite beauty secret you've picked up along the way?
I splash very cold water on my cleansed face when I wake up in the morning to tone my skin. Drink lots of water throughout the day, always go to bed without any makeup on, and protect your face from the sun, if not avoid the sun entirely.

Beauty icon you admire?
I don’t have a specific icon but I like anyone who exemplifies natural, healthy beauty. Health is most important. I try to give to my body and skin the most simple and natural treatment. I am not a fan of “complicated, chemical” creams or treatments. Drink lots of water, maybe smoke a bit less or not at all, try to avoid too much sun (for sunburns try to find Aloe Vera 100% pure and apply as much as you can OR this product from France: Biafine) and eat well.

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin