Thursday, August 06, 2009

CALIFORNIA GIRL

Not two weeks after I wrote about the Environmental Working Group’s sunscreen report, I got a sunburn. Nice, huh? I don’t burn generally and wear SPF but some spots are more sensitive than others and my scalp rarely gets much sunshine. With my hair pulled back in a center part, a day in the pool ended with a not so lovely pink line across my head. Blushing with embarrassment maybe? Well, it won’t be a repeat event thanks to California Baby’s No Fragrance SPF 30+ Sunblock Stick.

I use the sunblock stick on my face whenever I’m spending a day outdoors, at the beach or in the pool because it doesn’t clog pores, is broad spectrum UVA/UVB coverage and perfect to throw in your bag wherever you go. But it’s also fabulous around eyes as it doesn’t run, for the décolletage where the skin is thinner (and tends to show the most sun damage) and yes, the hairline.

It received an amazing score of 1 from the EWG (10 being the worst on their scale) and as the company explains, “Our non-chemical sunblock stick employs a highly micronized, non-whitening titanium dioxide that scatters and reflects dangerous UV rays, offering UVA-UVB broad-spectrum protection.” The fact it is non-staining thrills me to no end because I love a classic black maillot and my old sunscreen stick could leave marks if it got on clothes. Plus, when my friend’s two year old wanted to put it on herself I didn’t have to worry if it she decided to protect her bathing suit straps along with her shoulders. California Baby is looking out for all ages.

Since SPF is an important part of a year-round skin care routine, California Baby also recommends using it under makeup “because it is non-greasy and creates a nice "cover-up" base under foundation or powder.” Add to that organic and sustainable ingredients and an endorsement from PETA, it’s a product that reflects eco-beauty at it’s finest.

You can purchase California Baby’s line of sunblock sticks and lotions year-round at Whole Foods and Target stores or online here or in a 2-pack here. xo a.

1 comments:

Mikaela said...

I love cali baby - it's so good. I am huge on physical blockers.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin