The overall hair trend for RTW fashion week from New York to Milan has definitely been the chignon. Be it low and sophisticated or high and sleek, the go-to trend is all about wrapping the hair up, up and away.
Here is Philip Pelusi and his Tela design team's take on the sexy trend:
As seen at Kati Stern’s Venexiana Mercedes Benz Spring/ Summer 2010 Fashion Show
- Make a side part and take three inches of the hair closest to the front and pin to the side.
- Take another three inches from the crown of the head, right behind the section of hair you just marked off and pin that to the side as well.
- You should be left with two sections of hair on both sides of your head.
- Take the hair from the right section, and twist hair into a low ponytail, you should go from your temple to the nape of your neck.
- Take the hair from the left section, and do the same but make sure you keep hair on an angle.
- You should be left with 2 “rolls” on each side of you head.
- With the hair in the low ponytail, you should coil pieces together and allow them to fold into each other, just use pins to hold hair in place.
- Take the top section from the crown of your head and twist that piece loosely like a rope and pin it to your head.
- Take the last section of hair and fold the hair into the rolls with your finger and pin all loose pieces with your finger.
Perfect 'do for day or night, office to the club... try it and send us pics!