Thursday, March 11, 2010

Less is More: DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer


I have a love/hate relationship with my pores. Mostly hate. While I understand the important part they play, I really wish they could do it a little less visibly. And I think that is why I have become so infatuated with primers. I don’t need skin airbrushed beyond a flaw but primers fill in pores and fine lines just enough to make my skin look polished and fresh.

When I attended the Hollywood Helping Haiti Golden Globes event in January I was introduced to a new product from DDF Skincare, Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer. The DDF rep pulled out the sleek, space age tube and explained how it works. The double helix-shaped peach gel in the center fills in pores (instant gratification) while the clear gel exfoliates and hydrates (for long-term pore refinement). So, basically you get to have your cake and eat it, too.

Voted Best Pore Minimizer by SELF Magazine in 2009, the serum is made with Vitamin B3 and Niacinmide to exfoliate and Amino Peptide Vitamin E to hydrate and plump skin. In clinical tests, it was found to double the rate of skin renewal in five days. After three weeks users saw a 70% reduction in fine lines and 65% reduction in pore size. It’s moisturizing but not oily and as primers go the only thing it’s missing is an SPF to make it the ultimate multitasker.

I wear it without much makeup during the day, maybe some tarte cheekstain and a little mascara. But even on its own I love what I see, or technically what I don’t see, as it really does make my skin look like it had some help from Photoshop.

You can find DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer via DDF or in Sephora stores. xo alex.

2 comments:

Grace said...

DDF is my absolute favorite brand ever. I wanted to dry this pore minimizer the last time I went to Sephora, but they were out :( I'm totally obsessed with their moisturizing dew, however. I've been using it for a few years now and it's the best I've ever used. It's lightweight, doesn't feel greasy or anything. <3 it! It's $42 or something now (when I first started using it, it was $34) but still so worth it.

alex. asher sears said...

Grace, I'd seen the line for years and my old derm had it in her office but this little bottle really caught my eye.

So far I've found it gentle on my skin and like I said, all it's missing is an SPF to be perfection! Still, it comes close!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin