Wednesday, September 29, 2010

5 Favorite Eye Illuminators

I use an eye illuminator to make my eyes appear larger, brighter, and -- surprise, surprise -- less tired. You can also use an eye illuminator on your brow bone to highlight and make your arches look more pronounced or simply in the inner corner of your eyes for a bit of pop.

Here are 5 favorite Eye Illuminators:

1 YSL Touche Eclat - Probably the most famous of illuminators (definitely one of the first), Touche Eclat adds a radiant touch to undereyes, lips and side of nose.  $40.00

2 Murad Eye Lift Illuminator - Free of parabens and sulfates, this illuminator is meant to minimize the look of dark circles while lifting, hydrating, and de-puffing the eye area. $35.00

3 Anastasia Cooling Eye Brightener - Applied with a wand, this creamy concoction (with caffeine) helps to cool, tone and de-puff tired eyes. $21.00

4 Benefit Eye Bright - A pencil/ stick applicator perks up tired eyes. Apply to the inner and outer corners and blend. They call it "a nap in a stick." Amen. $20.00

5 Tarte The Eraser Concealer - Most similar to YSL's Touche Eclat, Tarte's Eraser covers up imperfections while illuminating the area. $21.00

3 comments:

Alexia said...

Have you ever tried the RMS Living Luminizer? RMS is a brilliant natural brand so there are no chemicals going near one's eye. It adds a luminosity rather than sparkle or glittery vibe so it works subtly to really hi-light the area.

Disclosure moment: we sell it on Cult Beauty (I am the co-owner) and since we launched it 2 months ago people have been going nuts for it! More so even than the BECCA Bird of Paradise gloss which is also brilliant and for sale everywhere!

Anonymous said...

The YSL is my favorite! I put it on every morning while doing my makeup. I really feel like it wakes me up and makes me look much less tired!

Check out my blog - http://atfirstblush.onsugar.com. I'd love to know what you think! Thanks!

The Procrastinator said...

I'm a diehard YSL Touche Eclat user, but this tarte alternative is interesting...any major differences in texture/blendability?

procrastinatingpretty.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin