Thursday, April 14, 2011

Girl Crush: Anna Paquin

As if we don't want to see Scream 4 badly enough... the red carpet for the premiere was smoking with Hollywood's sexiest ladies!



I thought that everyone put on their A-game but my favorite was definitely Anna Paquin. Granted, I may be a bit biased as I am a MASSIVE fan of True Blood. Regardless, she looked incredible. From the brown smoky eye, to the pink-stained Spring lip, to the tan skin --- and that hair! A perfectly messy chignon to give her a fun and flirty sophistication without being too serious or old-fashioned.


Celebrity hair stylist Giannandrea created the mane look and here's what he had to say:

INSPIRATION:
“My inspiration for Anna’s hair at the Scream 4 premiere was Grace Kelly rock chic.  It was quite simple, but she felt very cool and beautiful.”

GET THE LOOK:
“I started by applying Kerastase Volume Active Mousse to wet hair, all over the head, roots and length. I then dried the whole head with just warm air - no brushing - just using my hands from side to side, back and forth, down and up all around, in order to keep a natural feel and build volume at the roots. Next I brushed the hair with a Mason Pearson brush and used Klorane Dry Shampoo Powder all over just to add some dry texture.

I began to pull the hair back gently on the side and very soft at the top as I wanted it to look natural in a way that wasn't too constructed, almost as if she did it herself. I then began to twist the hair in the back into a soft messy bun.  I use straight pins and twist each pin on to the sides, back and all around the head in order to create a clean visual texture. A bit of messiness and a few flyways are ok. I finished the look with Framesi Hair Spray.”


Doesn't sound too difficult... perhaps a new 'do for Saturday night?

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin