Thursday, April 14, 2011

Girl Crush: Anna Paquin

As if we don't want to see Scream 4 badly enough... the red carpet for the premiere was smoking with Hollywood's sexiest ladies!

I thought that everyone put on their A-game but my favorite was definitely Anna Paquin. Granted, I may be a bit biased as I am a MASSIVE fan of True Blood. Regardless, she looked incredible. From the brown smoky eye, to the pink-stained Spring lip, to the tan skin --- and that hair! A perfectly messy chignon to give her a fun and flirty sophistication without being too serious or old-fashioned.

Celebrity hair stylist Giannandrea created the mane look and here's what he had to say:

“My inspiration for Anna’s hair at the Scream 4 premiere was Grace Kelly rock chic.  It was quite simple, but she felt very cool and beautiful.”

“I started by applying Kerastase Volume Active Mousse to wet hair, all over the head, roots and length. I then dried the whole head with just warm air - no brushing - just using my hands from side to side, back and forth, down and up all around, in order to keep a natural feel and build volume at the roots. Next I brushed the hair with a Mason Pearson brush and used Klorane Dry Shampoo Powder all over just to add some dry texture.

I began to pull the hair back gently on the side and very soft at the top as I wanted it to look natural in a way that wasn't too constructed, almost as if she did it herself. I then began to twist the hair in the back into a soft messy bun.  I use straight pins and twist each pin on to the sides, back and all around the head in order to create a clean visual texture. A bit of messiness and a few flyways are ok. I finished the look with Framesi Hair Spray.”

Doesn't sound too difficult... perhaps a new 'do for Saturday night?


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin