Thursday, June 09, 2011

INSPIRATION: Sharon Tate

Since as far back as I can remember, I've had an obsession with Sharon Tate. Perhaps, a big part of said obsession stems from the horrific circumstances surrounding her tragic murder (if you are unaware or have forgotten about this incident, click here for a recap), another part is definitely her marriage to Roman Polanski (another mini obsession of mine, as I am a major film buff), still more of my obsession comes from her role as book editor turned pill popper, Jennifer North, in the film version of Valley of the Dolls. But, if I'm being totally honest, a vast majority of my obsession of Sharon Tate is simply because I find her to be one of the most beautiful women to come out of the 1960's.

While Twiggy was one type of American 1960's poster child, Sharon was quite another (dare I say somewhat more timeless?): Blonde, shapely, naturally sun kissed skin with big, moody eyes and a gaze that absorbs you (as I always say, the eyes make the woman). She was feminine with a touch of hippy (she donned a head piece before today's hipsters made it trendy). Whether natural with no makeup or done up with big hair and the "Twiggy" lashes, Sharon always seemed to fit the part of a classic, American beauty.

Here are some of my favorite images of Sharon Tate, beauty inspiration that is still relevant today:






0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin