Monday, March 26, 2007

To Blue or Not To Blue...

Blue is like the new black. At least, as far as eye shadow is concerned. (check the runways... they never lie!)
So, I decided to try it myself... I wore blue to (gasp) a Rod Stewart concert!!! I'm not sure if it was the 80's love or my fierce eyes, but blue was bold.

Here's what I did:

To start, I used a base color... something neutral. I like Nars' All About Eve. I put this on the width of my eye.

Next, I used Tinte Cosmetics Shimmering Face Pearls in Midnight Blue. I used a thin brush, wet it, and applied it first like eyeliner above and below my eye. Then, I used a contour brush and applied the loose powder to my lids, just below the brow bone.

Finally, I used Stila's Kajal Eye Liner in Sapphire to line the inside of my eyes. This eyeliner could almost be mistaken for black if it weren't for the lightest navy hue. I loved this liner!!! It wasn't as aggressive as black but it was still a statement.

Try the blue look and tell us what products you used! Email beautybanter@gmail.com

HERE'S A GREAT ARTICLE THAT EXPLAINS HOW TO WEAR BLUE SHADOWS... CLICK HERE

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin