Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Drugstore Find: Makeup Remover Made Simple

It's late at night, you're tired, spent from the evening, the last thing you want to do is wash your face. But as a good beauty whore, you know that going to bed with a face full of makeup is like putting salt on ice cream - a recipe for disaster! So, you relent.


Everyone's looking for a fast and easy way to remove make-up which is why I'm so obsessed with my new find: Simple Cleansing Wipes. They're brilliant for people with sensitive skin (like moi) or those allergic to dyes and/ or perfumes. The wipes are 100 percent oil and alcohol free and they're meant to be used without water, while still cleansing the skin (I ALWAYS wash my face after, anyway, because I'm a little psycho like that...)

If you're an avid reader of this site, then you know my fondness for UK favorite, Boots (their cleansing wipes make me all warm and fuzzy inside - click here for a reminder). Interesting bit of trivia, Simple is a UK cult favorite skin brand too! (Damn, I should really make the move - if for no other reason than great skin). The Simple wipes aren't as wet thus not as effective for getting off the liner and mascara (I do prefer Boots for this), but I love them anyway because they are free of perfume (unlike the L'oreal wipes that wreak of fragrance) and they don't irritate my very sensitive skin.  But, if you're big on eye makeup, you may need another form of remover specifically designed for the eyes. 


Simple made the move to the states in November and these amazingly gentle wipes can be found at Duane Reade pharmacies.

If you're a lazy makeup remover with sensitive skin, then this product is your new best friend!

PRICE TAG: $5.99 for 25

2 comments:

Jessica Allison said...

If you've used them, how do these compare to MAC's wipes? I've heard other good things about Boots wipes, but I never feel clean enough w/ just a wipe so I rarely use them.

I hear the Kirkland' Makeup Remover wipes at Costco are great- better than MAC's according to one blogger I read...I know Borghese makes Costco's skincare, so I can see it.

Anonymous said...

Great find! I'm also a big fan of Simple wipes and have been using them for close to 2 years now. Still loving them!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin