Friday, April 03, 2009

Chemestry For A Beauty Enthusiast

I love playing chemist, mixing and matching lotions and potions to create the perfect combination of scent, texture and consistency.


My current favorite body combo is the one and only Korres Body Butter in Guava (my absolute favorite shea in a pump!) and Pure Fiji's Mango Body Oil. The oil provides a silky and sleek texture while the shea butter is a bit thicker and more soothing (I like to apply when I'm still the slightest bit damp for an extra dose of moisture). When mixed together, the two products actually have a marshmallow like consistency that creates the most irresistible island get-away scent. A bit like being deserted on a Hawaiian Island. Or, more appropriately, somewhere in Fiji or Greece. My skin has never felt so smooth or smelled so fresh. I'm obsessed with my concoction!

Besides being unique to the individual, combos also save product!

1 comments:

Eunice K. said...

wow, it has never occurred to me to mix body lotions :O i've only ever mixed nail polishes and that was already quite a scare seeing as i never knew when the solvents were going to react explosively with each other XD

but what a cool idea, i'll be sure to try it out :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin