Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Get The Look: Dita Von Teese in H&M Campaign

I wrote this exclusive get the look for hollywoodlife.com and I thought I'd share it with all of my beauty-full readers!

enjoy...


The current queen of pin-up girls Dita Von Teese flaunts her stuff for the new H&M ad campaign, Designers Against AIDS. Gregory Arlt, Director of Makeup Artistry for M.A.C Cosmetics, was on hand to create the classic Dita face. Here, he shares exclusively with Hollywood Life how to get the look.

Inspiration:
"The look was “classic” Dita. This is a t-shirt that she designed to raise money for an AIDS organization, so we wanted Dita to be herself."

Colors: "Being that this was a black and white shot, I went a little stronger with her look to emphasize her lovely features. We love a classic pinup look, so when you look at the shot you see brows, lash line, and lips primarily. I used “Vanilla” shadow all over as a base, “Copperplate” shadow in the crease with “Print” shadow in the deeper crease to create depth, and “BlackTrack” Fluidline eye liner to achieve her classic cat eye. I finished off the eyes with “# 2” false lashes. For the lips I went deeper so that they would appear red in black and white. “Burgundy” lip liner was used with “Viva Glam 1” lipstick mixed with “Diva” lipstick."

Products Used: "Dita’s skin is FLAWLESS, so I used a small amount of M•A•C Sculpting Foundation in “NW15” with Mineralized Skin Finish Natural Powder in “Light”. On her eyelids, I used “Dazzlelight” shadow to make them ‘pop’."

Technique: "It’s all about the brushes! For her foundation, I used a M•A•C #190 Foundation brush. For her shadow base and lids, I used a #252 brush followed by a #224 brush to create the deep crease using “Copperplate” shadow. Her lips need to look perfect, of course, so I recommend applying red lipstick with a #317 lip brush."











0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin