The Oscars are less than a week away which will wrap up award season 2010. A few months ago, I asked the ever talented Joanna Schlip, Physicians Formula celebrity makeup artist, for the top 5 red carpet color trends we could expect to see this season, and here's what she had to say:
1) Faye Dunaway – very finished brow, nude lip, glowy cheek, big lashes
2) Neutral face with very powerful colored lip – anything from red to fuchsia (will go the full gamut)
3) Healthy glowy skin all over the body – skin will be glowing on arms and legs
4) Everyone will be sporting lashes very flirty and sexy lashes
5) Blushes will be more of deeper peaches, corals and pinks – not so vibrant, but toned down and muted with a matte t-zone – only certain areas will be highlighted, such as the cheekbone, brow bone or bridge of nose.
Joanna Schlip has painted the faces of celebrities including Christina Applegate, Eva Longoria, Scarlett Johansson, Ellen Pompeo, Laura Linney, Hilary Duff, Sheryl Crow and Jessica Simpson. She is also author of Glamour Gurlz: The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide to Great Make-up and Gurl Smarts.
Was Joanna right? Were these the trends we saw this award season? And what do you think we'll see come Sunday night?
Jhud and Olivia Wilde both rocking the lashes du jour.